Friday, November 2, 2012

My Unfinished Workload...

My sister Mrs. Purple Quiltapotamus has challenged me to list all my unfinished work. So here goes nothing. She did it! She says "It does a crafting soul good to see what needs  to be done!!!"
This is a blanket my sister knitted based on our idea from "Once Upon A Time" and I hand embroidered the name and hand sewed the triangle name piece on. Our hopes are that we will have these up for custom order on our Etsy Page very soon. All I have to do for this one is take it to the post office and send it to my friend's baby in Calgary. That should be easy enough.

 These supplies are for two more of the same type of blanket. The pink ribbon needs to be sewn together because it wasn't long enough but its perfect for the little lady who is going to be getting a white blanket like the one above. I just have to make her name Triangle. Hopefully I'll get it done this weekend. I have a date with her mother next week. The blue ribbon goes with that cute name triangle which needs to be sewn on to a blanket. The knitting is done! My sister (B) is a beast when it comes time to knit or crochet! She whips things up like nobodies business.

This one is almost like the first one, except it needs a little bit of ribbon help. It needs nicer bows and some trimming. But then I can take this with me to work and give it to the babies mommy to take  home with her. I might just wait till the little blue ribbon blanket above is complete so I can give it to both people at the same time.

My baby gift that's not needed until January when we have the baby shower. Its coming along well. Mr. Eric Gagne is there to guard my pieces. I have a few more blocks to sew. They're in the plastic bags there. And then I get to put it all together. Although I think one of my middle blocks is way smaller than the others so I might have to redo that one. I'm waiting until they're all done to judge! I have a feeling this is gonna be one awesome gift. Now that my sewing machine is repaired I can easily get back to work on it.

This project I really need to get going on! These are squares from my nephew's baby shower. Everyone there wrote him a message and now I am hand embroidering their words on to pieces of fabric that his mom is going to quilt for him. If I don't get myself going its going to end up being his wedding gift! UGH! I was doing really well not that long ago. Then I put it in my sewing bag and got caught up with something else. I only have a few squares to go. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I can bang them out and get them in the mail!

This also makes me a bit sad. I started this skeleton couple a while ago and then I had a custom order so they lost their hoop. My friend from work drew them for me! (I LOVE HIS ART WORK) I should finish them and get them up on my Etsy site super soon.

My wild hexies! I'm actually kind of amazed at how many I have done! I know that its not that many considering how many I will need to make my quilt. But I'm still majorly excited about them! (This is what my sister meant when she said it was good for the crafting soul!) Now I just need to either get a bunch of these sewn together so I can take their templates back or get on making more templates! (Its just so much work!!) When I started this I jumped the gun a bit and didn't use a printed template so now I have to keep making templates that seem like they'll be right. And I have to make sure that they are right otherwise I end up with ones that are way way smaller like the grey one I recently blogged. But after seeing them all out I think I can finish this project. Maybe not by the time I'm 30 though...

These are coming along as well. These will be needle books soon enough! I can't wait! There is also one not shown in the picture because its a gift. Hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of work done this upcoming weekend. And I'll try to keep you all posted on my progress!

The only other major outstanding project is updating all the finished for sale items on to my etsy page. I did get four new things listed yesterday so hopefully this up coming week I can get more up there. Maybe I'll get a couple of these items off my list and ready to be listed!

No comments:

Post a Comment