Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Binding Time!

My last couple days off went super well! I got a LOT done! A crazy amount actually! It is now time for me to do some binding! I tried it over the weekend and there was a TERRIBLE!!! seam ripping accident! It was awful! So I seam ripped it all and I will try again today. I have loads of pictures to show you all of them were taken with my iPhone so I apologize for the quality but at the same time I don't because I have a giant love for my camera and once I take it out I want to play with it and take loads of photos and go for photo walks and just take loads of pictures. So while in the middle of a project it's best if I just iPhone and continue with the project. I promise once I finish my Shattered Hooter blanket I will pull out the big camera and take amazingly beautiful pictures and close ups and super pictures and when I finally get to give it to Three (my friends baby!) I'll try to get a few shots with her and the blanket! Lets GO BINDING!

This is me using painters tape to measure out my quilting lines

This is me pointing out that I am an idiot and I make mistakes (I made this one about 8 times throughout the quilting process! Including when I was trying to fix it this time and was aware that I had to make sure my backing fabric wasn't being sneaky and folding back on its self.

This was a teaser picture for my step sister who has spent a lot of time and text messages encouraging me and helping me get to this point in the blanket.



Back to work doing more quilting I was 100% determined to  get this quilting stuff done that morning. I was actually dreaming the night before about my quilting plans!
This is me taping out the other 1/2 of my quilting pattern

This is a close up of one of the diamonds that I made! I'm 100% glad that I decided to sew on both of the sides of the piece of tape so that I could get those cute mini diamonds at the top, bottom, and both sides of the big diamond



The finished quilted quilt! Just waiting for some trimming and binding! And some better pictures! These pictures are terrible! Especially with the amount of work that went into this! I need to do better and stop taking the easy way out! Even though I think the excuse is legit!

No comments:

Post a Comment